Mission: To provide accurate, up-to-date education on how to cope with Lactation After Loss to grieving mothers, as well as to the care providers who care for these women after the loss of a baby.

Goals:
Expand Rowan's Milk Survey.
Develop a Brochure on Lacation After Loss for mothers.
Make Brochure and results of Survey available to care providers.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Vicki's Story

My precious daughter died at 18 weeks of pregnancy, I knew something was dreadfully wrong, I felt so different, I couldn't feel her move and so we went for a scan 2 days later. She had died a few days before. Our grief was enormous, and the labour was long and painful, much worse than with my live and full-term babies. My body struggled to let her go...

I had breastfed my other children but I was totally unprepared. I had no idea that my milk would come so early in pregnancy. It was a huge shock and watching my precious milk flow down the drain was more than I could bear.

There was no local milk bank for me to give to and I knew no one who had a tiny baby in need of my milk, so I watched it flow away, weeping every time and feeling so alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment