Mission: To provide accurate, up-to-date education on how to cope with Lactation After Loss to grieving mothers, as well as to the care providers who care for these women after the loss of a baby.

Goals:
Expand Rowan's Milk Survey.
Develop a Brochure on Lacation After Loss for mothers.
Make Brochure and results of Survey available to care providers.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Elijah Patrick Cropp

Elijah Patrick Cropp was born on March 20, 2008 at 8:20pm in Nashville, Tennessee. He was born still after an umbilical cord accident in utero. He was absolutely perfect!

I had the priviledge of having personal midwives attend my birth. They were my friends, we worked together. My birth was everything I wanted it to be under the circumstances.

The days and weeks that followed were the worst in my life, ever. But, thinking back to my birth I am not saddened, I am overjoyed with the time I had with my son. I wish I had held him skin-to-skin and taken pictures of his naked body. We were blessed to have a photographer with Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep come to take fabulous pictures of our family.

I miss my little Elijah something terrible. However, we have had another child since then and she has been a healing power in my life. She is a distraction, not a replacement. Grief of Elijah gets easier and easier with time; but I also hate that it gets easier. Nursing my babies is a huge part of my life. I wish I had been able to nurse Elijah. You can peek into our world by watching our slideshow.

No comments:

Post a Comment