Mission: To provide accurate, up-to-date education on how to cope with Lactation After Loss to grieving mothers, as well as to the care providers who care for these women after the loss of a baby.

Goals:
Expand Rowan's Milk Survey.
Develop a Brochure on Lacation After Loss for mothers.
Make Brochure and results of Survey available to care providers.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Michelle & Sawyer's Story

My son was born prematurely at 28 weeks via emergency csection. We knew he may be early, so we prepared mentally as best we could.

Because I had low fluid during the pregnancy, I did not know about his heart.

The day after he was born, we learned he had a very severe congenital heart defect named Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia.

He died nearly 2 days after he was born, in my arms.

I honestly think my milk came in so quickly with my son because I was able to hold him against my chest when he died. I believe this kangaroo care brought so much out of me and him as well. I only wish that our time together, would have been much longer.

**Michelle has started Sawyer's Heart which hosted a Walk To Remember just last weekend, and plans to donate memory boxes in Sawyer's memory. Follow her project on Sawyer's Heart on facebook or on her Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment