Mission: To provide accurate, up-to-date education on how to cope with Lactation After Loss to grieving mothers, as well as to the care providers who care for these women after the loss of a baby.

Goals:
Expand Rowan's Milk Survey.
Develop a Brochure on Lacation After Loss for mothers.
Make Brochure and results of Survey available to care providers.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The OB said there would be no milk...

When I miscarried at 17 weeks I had to have a D & C. I asked about milk. The ObGyn said it was too early, there wouldn't be any. I had nursed my first child for 3+ years - she was 4 1/2 at the time. A couple of days after the D & C I was in the shower and my breasts were tender. I touch them and milk came out. I hand expressed in the shower for a couple of days. I had a similar experience a few years later, another second trimester miscarriage. At the time I was nursing my second daughter, she was 2 1/2 so any milk that would have come in was taken care of by nursing her.

~Leigh Anne
New York, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment